Partnership is a powerful thing!
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California
has named us one of their Community Grants recipients,
supporting our Operation School Bell program.
Pictured left to right are Ronald McDonald, Annette Kashiwabara
and Patti Brown from Assistance League of Long Beach,
Ron Piazza and Peter Horner representing
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California.
Tesoro Check Presentation
Tesoro presented a $15,000 check to representatives at Assistance League of Long Beach to directly support Operation School Bell, one of Assistance League’s major philanthropic programs. Operation School Bell provides free, new school uniforms, school supplies, and backpacks to Long Beach Unified School District students in grade K-12 whose families cannot afford to purchase mandatory uniforms designated by schools. Through Operation School Bell in the coming academic year, we are planning to clothe 10,000 students in need attending Long Beach Unified School District schools. Pictured from left to right are:
- Susan Rivard, Corporate Partnership Chairman, Assistance League of Long Beach
- Ken Dami, Director - Southern California Public & Government Affairs, Tesoro
- Blair Carty, Chairman, Rick Rackers Auxiliary
- Annette Kashiwabara, Executive Director, Assistance League of Long Beach
- Karin Jenkins, Chairman, Operation School Bell
- Olga Chavez, Associate PR Representative, Southern California Public & Government Affairs, Tesoro
- Dr. Felton Williams, President, Long Beach Unified School District Board of Education